Kennie's Gives Back!
During 2010, Kennie's Markets has contributed over $81,000 with the help of our loyal customers and vendors to Central Pennsylvanians in need. Kennie's Markets is committed to improving the quality of life of our families and community. Kennie's continues to actively support many local services and organizations that provide a stable community for us to live.
- Face of America: The Face of America project is our attempt to honor and remember all those who lost their lives on that tragic day. It is a living memorial to all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and its values since 9/11. Over $700 was donated to the Face of America project in 2010.
- Community Treasures: Customers may sign up their local non-profit organizations and Kennie's will rebate up to 1% of the purchases made in the organizations names with a maximum donation of $20,000.00 to all enrolled organizations.
- Partners in Learning: Customers may sign up the local school of their choice and Kennie's will rebate up to 1% of the purchases made in the Schools names. Entering into our 11th year Kennie's Markets has donated $200,000.00
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Together with our millions of supporters, the American Cancer Society saves lives and creates a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back. Over $16,000 was awarded to the American Cancer Society in 2010.
- American Heart Association: The Start! Heart Walk is the American Heart Association's premiere event for raising funds to save lives from this country's No. 1 and No. 3 killers - heart disease and stroke. Designed to promote physical activity and heart-healthy living, the Start! Heart Walk creates an environment that's fun and rewarding for the entire family. Over $ 12,000 was bestowed to the American Heart Association in 2010.
- Coats for Kids: WGAL 8, in partnership with the Central Pennsylvania Dry Cleaners Association and Your Family Owned Markets, kicks off the annual "Coats For Kids". For 23 years, this partnership has donated gently used or new coats of all sizes that are deliver to Salvation Army branches across Central Pennsylvania then distributed to those in need of a winter coat. Last year, in addition to the thousands of coats donated during the Coat Drive, the “Coats for Kids” Telethon raised over $299,000.
- Holiday Food Baskets: Kennie's Markets partners with South Central Community Action Programs (SCCAP), Carroll County Food Sunday, and Harvest of Hope Food Pantry. Hunger is a problem affecting the elderly and the young, the healthy and the sick. It is a problem affecting people just like you. From parents working minimum wage jobs struggling to put food on the table, to retired couple who have trouble paying for expensive medications, hunger is a reality for a growing number of Central Pennsylvanians. Kennie's Markets partners with these food pantries to help provide for the needs of hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education.
153 North Station Street
Gettysburg Pa 17325
Carroll County Food Sunday
10 Distillery Drive
Westminster Md 21157
Harvest of Hope Food Pantry
448 Wolfs Church Road
York Pa 17408